The preeminent Signal Brigade ready for war; innovative and versatile professionals, world class provider of information technology and network management services to ensure information dominance to the Warfighter.
2nd Signal Brigade maintains a forward deployed, trained and ready, signal force providing superior, robust, secure, and responsive strategic and operational base C2 communications in support of Army, Joint and Coalition Operations throughout the US European Command (USEUCOM) area of responsibility.
- Deploy and re-deploy communications forces
- C2 regional Army TIG networks less (Italy) through the employment of the NETOPS concept in support of Warfighters and critical network users
- Provide designated regional Army TIG network services to EUCOM and US elements in support of NATO IOM regional Army networks in Europe (less Italy) as part of the TIG
- Provide information mission support to include visual information, mail, records management and publications
- Provide theater COMSEC logistical support
- Develop a highly trained and skilled Workforce
- Take care of the workforce and families
- Protect the force
Unit 29800 Box 90
APO AE 09005-9800
- Constituted 24 October 1944 in the Army of the United States as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 3348th Signal Service Group, and activated in France.
- Inactivated 13 March 1946 in France.
- Activated 9 May 1946 at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey.
- Redesignated 14 March 1947 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 2nd Signal Service Group.
- Allotted 1 March 1949 to the Regular Army.
- Reorganized and redesignated 16 December 1949 as Headquarters, 2nd Signal Service Group.
- Reorganized and redesignated 25 March 1953 as Headquarters, 2nd Signal Group.
- Inactivated 4 April 1955 at Camp Gordon, Georgia.
- Redesignated 27 April 1961 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 2nd Signal Group.
- Activated 21 June 1961 at Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
- Inactivated 27 October 1971 at Fort Lewis, Washington.
- Activated 1 June 1974 in Germany.
- Redesignated 1 October 1979 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 2nd Signal Brigade.
Campaign Participation Credit
World War II
- European-African-Middle Eastern Theater
- Counteroffensive, Phase II
- Counteroffensive, Phase III
- Tet Counteroffensive
- Counteroffensive, Phase IV
- Counteroffensive, Phase V
- Counteroffensive, Phase VI
- Tet 69/Counteroffensive
- Summer-Fall 1969
- Winter-Spring 1970
- Sanctuary Counteroffensive
- Counteroffensive, Phase VII
- Consolidation I