Torsten Wellmann, an apprentice with the 6981st Civilian Support Group, demonstrates how a splice point is closed by using a heat shrinking closure as Gerd Drechsler, commander of the 6981st CSG, explains the process to Brig. Gen. Markus Laubenthal, U.S. Army Europe chief of staff, Jan. 20, 2016 at the 6981st CSG headquarters at Germersheim Army Depot, Germany. During his visit Laubenthal received a briefing on the history, organization and capabilities of the 6981st CSG, toured the unit's facilities and met with leaders and employees. "It's an honor and a privilege for me to see my fellow countrymen working for the U.S. Army, just as I am," Laubenthal said. (U.S. Army photo by William B. King, 5th Signal Command Public Affairs/Released)Published January 25, 2016
Brigade of Excellence... Empowered and agile Team providing relevant and reliable IT services across all levels of warfare.
2d Signal Brigade Builds, Operates, Defends Mission Command System & Networks IOT support Unified Action anytime-anywhere.
- Conduct Mission Command
- Conduct Knowledge Management and Information Management
- Establish Information Network and Information systems
- Conduct Information Protection
- Conduct Cyber Electromagnetic Activities
Unit 29800 Box 90
APO AE 09005-9800
2nd Signal Brigade
- Constituted 24 October 1944 in the Army of the United States as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 3348th Signal Service Group, and activated in France.
- Inactivated 13 March 1946 in France.
- Activated 9 May 1946 at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey.
- Redesignated 14 March 1947 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 2nd Signal Service Group.
- Allotted 1 March 1949 to the Regular Army.
- Reorganized and redesignated 16 December 1949 as Headquarters, 2nd Signal Service Group.
- Reorganized and redesignated 25 March 1953 as Headquarters, 2nd Signal Group.
- Inactivated 4 April 1955 at Camp Gordon, Georgia.
- Redesignated 27 April 1961 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 2nd Signal Group.
- Activated 21 June 1961 at Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
- Inactivated 27 October 1971 at Fort Lewis, Washington.
- Activated 1 June 1974 in Germany.
- Redesignated 1 October 1979 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 2nd Signal Brigade.
Cyber STEM Initiative - Europe
Wiesbaden, Germany Vicenza, Italy Brussels, Belgium Tucson, Arizona Washington, DC Baghdad, Iraq Kabul, Afghanistan