Brigade of Excellence... Empowered and agile Team providing relevant and reliable IT services across all levels of warfare.
2d Signal Brigade Builds, Operates, Defends Mission Command System & Networks IOT support Unified Action anytime-anywhere.
- Conduct Mission Command
- Conduct Knowledge Management and Information Management
- Establish Information Network and Information systems
- Conduct Information Protection
- Conduct Cyber Electromagnetic Activities
Unit 29800 Box 90
APO AE 09005-9800
2nd Signal Brigade
- Constituted 24 October 1944 in the Army of the United States as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 3348th Signal Service Group, and activated in France.
- Inactivated 13 March 1946 in France.
- Activated 9 May 1946 at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey.
- Redesignated 14 March 1947 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 2nd Signal Service Group.
- Allotted 1 March 1949 to the Regular Army.
- Reorganized and redesignated 16 December 1949 as Headquarters, 2nd Signal Service Group.
- Reorganized and redesignated 25 March 1953 as Headquarters, 2nd Signal Group.
- Inactivated 4 April 1955 at Camp Gordon, Georgia.
- Redesignated 27 April 1961 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 2nd Signal Group.
- Activated 21 June 1961 at Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
- Inactivated 27 October 1971 at Fort Lewis, Washington.
- Activated 1 June 1974 in Germany.
- Redesignated 1 October 1979 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 2nd Signal Brigade.
Cyber STEM Initiative - Europe