Build, operate, and defend communications infrastructure and information systems and services that extend the GIG to enable mission command in support of unified land operations.
Be the ready and resilient team of technical experts that delivers an “always on” network to the U.S. Army in Europe and its mission partners.
102nd Signal Battalion
- Constituted on 11 December 1944 in the Army of the United States as the 102nd Signal Heavy Construction Battalion
- Activated as the 102nd Signal Light Construction Battalion Italy in March 1945
- World War II, participation earned combat credits for the North Appenine and Po Valley Campaigns
- The Battalion returned to the United States and was deactivated on 2 October 1945 at Camp Miles Standish, Mass.
- Activated 18 March 1955, as the 102nd Microwave and Radio Relay Battalion, Smiley Barracks, Karlsruhe, Germany
- Unit deactivated in November 1967
- Reactivated on 1 July 1974 in Frankfurt, Germany, with the mission of providing Telephone, Microwave, and Non-Tactical Telecommunications
- Relocated to Rose Barracks, Bad Kreuznach, Germany 1995 with the mission of providing installation signal support
- Relocated to Hanau, Germany on 15 March 2001
- Relocated to Wiesbaden Army Airfield on June 2002
Cyber STEM Initiative - Europe