A values based team of fit and disciplined professionals operating in an environment oriented on trust, transparency and accountability. To be the Information Technology service provider of choice in support of Unified Land Operations in the EUCOM and AFRICOM Areas of Operations.
To build, operate, defend, and extend network capabilities IOT enable mission command and create tactical, operational and strategic flexibility for Army, Joint and Multi-National Forces within the EUCOM and AFRICOM Areas of Operations.
- Operate in Theater, Joint and Combined environments
- Rapidly project trained and ready communications forces for Joint and Combined operations
- Ensure C2 communications capabilities at echelon to enable Joint and Combined operations
- C2 the infostructure to provide network management, information assurance, and information dissemination management
- Integrate emerging technologies to enable a capabilities based Force
- Ensure Force well being
Unit 29800 Box 90
APO AE 09005-9800
Headquarters, 5th Signal Command was constituted in the Regular Army and activated in Germany on July 1, 1974. The Command traces its original heritage to the U.S. Army Signal Command, Europe, organized under USAREUR General Order dated March 20, 1958, which consolidated military communications in the European Theater. It consisted of the 4th and 516th Signal Groups and 102nd Signal Battalion supporting Army Group, Central Europe; North Atlantic Treaty Organization; USAREUR; and other elements in Europe as directed.
The organization expanded from 1961 to 1964, adding 22nd and 106th Signal Groups, with theater responsibilities extending from Belgium, through France and Germany, to Italy. The effort to meet the challenges of rapid growth in technology and communications prompted the birth of U.S. Army Strategic Communications Command in Washington, D.C., in March 1964. Its role was to manage the Army's portion of military global communications. A group of sub-commands evolved from USSTRATCOM, the first of which was STRATCOM-Europe, established July 1, 1964, in Schwetzingen, Germany.